Bankruptcy FAQ Guiding You Through the Legal Process

Divorce Bankruptcy FAQ

  • Q:If I Was Arrested for a Crime and Then the State No-Info’Ed My Case Can They Then Legally Decide to Refile the Case?

    A:The State Attorney does have the right to refile a case after a no information. In order for a warrant to be issued for failure to appear you would have to be notified of the Court date that you failed to appear at. It is important that you contact a lawyer in Tavares and throughout Florida to discuss the matter. If it is in fact a mix up that caused you to FTA, your attorney can file a motion to set a bond or have you released. This may even be done by stipulation with the State attorney prior to you turning yourself in on the Warrant.

  • Q:How Do I Go About Filing for Bankruptcy If My Income Is Much Lower Than My Current Debt Which Does Not Include Credit Cards?

    A:That is exactly the reason that most people must file is that they are unable to pay their debts from their normal income. In this case I am not sure what you are referring to by “current debt”. If you are referring to normal recurring expenses such as rent and electric, the bankruptcy has no effect on those. In regards to HOA dues the issue becomes whether you want to keep your residence or not. Also much depends upon which chapter of bankruptcy you are filing. In regards to student loans these are generally not dischargeable except under certain circumstances. Bankruptcy is a complicated process that I cannot even begin to advise you on this here. It would be best to set up a consultation with a bankruptcy attorney in your area.

  • Q:My Husband Voluntarily Went to a Mental Hospital for Help With a Mood Disorder, Is It Likely That Dcf Will Be Involved?

    A:There is most likely not a danger of DCF involvement unless there is something that has occurred in relation to the children. DCF will typically only be involved if there is abandonment, abuse, or neglect, or risk of abandonment, abuse, or neglect. Nothing in your fact pattern indicates such a risk.

  • Q:Am I Eligible for Bankruptcy? I Just Lost My Job

    A:You really should meet with a bankruptcy attorney who does both chapter 7 and chapter 13 bankruptcies and give him/her all of the facts so you can proceed appropriately. It sounds like you are eligible to file as long as you haven’t obtained a prior bankruptcy discharge in the last 8 years. What you do depends on a lot of factors, including what you would like to do with the house. The bottom line is that there are so many factors involved here that it is best advised that you at least consult with an expert.

  • Q:Someone I Know Committed Welfare Fraud and Bankruptcy Fraud

    A:Both of these crimes are felonies and as such could result in jail time. However, they are typically handled in 2 different systems. Welfare fraud will typically be handled in the State Court system, and Bankruptcy fraud will be handled in the Federal Court system. It is difficult to predict what would happen as there are many factors that determine the penalty such as: extent of fraud, number of incidents, prior record if any, damages resulting from fraud and ability to pay restitution, effectiveness of counsel, attitude of prosecution, etc…


Former Clients Share Their Stories
  • “Mr. Golub showed great discernment in the situation and knew exactly what he needed to do for the well-being of his client.”

    - Lynda
  • “He was so aggressive and got our story of what had truly happened heard and they were ordered to return him immediately. I was extremely impressed at the way he fought for us.”

    - Former Client
  • “Mr.Golub took what was a seemingly impossible overwhelming situation and pushed the easy button. His prices were more than fair for the amount of headache I didn't have. Thank you Mike Golub.”

    - Carmen S.
  • “Michael and his team did a great job with my bankruptcy! They are very knowledgeable about the process and supported me through out it. He is even well known and respected by the court system.”

    - Jim
  • “We appreciate Mr. Golub so much. He helped us get our child right back when DCF wrongly took him. He went out of his way to meet with the Judge with us on Saturday Morning. We would recommend him to anyone and we greatly appreciate him and his staff.”

    - James

Contact The Law Office of Michael E. Golub, P.A.

Get the Compassionate Legal Advocacy You Deserve

Get started with a free 30-minute consultation.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.