Based in Tavares, attorney Michael E. Golub provides legal counsel to central Florida clients in the areas of family law, bankruptcy, and criminal defense. Mr. Golub is an effective negotiator and litigator, capably handling matters through mediation or trial depending on his clients' best interests.
Before establishing his private practice 16 years ago, Mr. Golub gained courtroom experience as an Assistant Public Defender for the 18th Judicial Circuit of Florida, representing criminal clients in misdemeanor, felony, and juvenile matters. Over the past decade, he has become a skilled family law mediator, having conducted more than 700 family law mediations both privately and through the Lake County Court appointed system. He also obtained a residential foreclosure mediation certificate through the University of South Florida, and has conducted several foreclosure mediations through the Florida Fifth Judicial Circuit mediation program, as well as other private civil mediations.
Mr. Golub is certified as a family law, circuit civil, and appellate mediator by the Florida Supreme Court. In addition, he has served as a panel mediator for the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida and the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida, and he currently serves as a panel mediator for the Oasis Fifth Circuit Residential Foreclosure Mediation Program and the Florida Ninth Circuit Residential Foreclosure Mediation Program.
Mr. Golub lives in Tavares with his wife, Rachel, and their three children, Benji, Zoe, and Zara. In his free time, he enjoys art, music, surfing, and mountain biking.
- Nova Southeastern School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1990
- University of South Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 1986
- Florida, 1990
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 1995
Memberships, Professional Affiliations & Certificates
- Florida Bar, Family Law Section and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Lake County Bar Association
- Orange County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Professional Mediators
- Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, 1999
- Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, 2008
- Supreme Court Certified County Court Mediator, 2008
- Supreme Court Certified Appellate Mediator, 2011